Adaptive Toolpath Strategy
It's considered a high efficency because it can easily extend your tool life using a different path compared to the traditional OFFSET strategy.
- The tool never work on full load.
- Tool wear distributed uniformly along the flute
- Less power needed from machine
- It never exceed tool engament angle, in this way on the tool is never "overloaded" with material to remove
- It's not necessary have particular machines to get benefits of this
This is the common default OFFSET toolpath. In indicated point the tool work almost at full cut and there is a big engagement angle.
This one is the toolpath generated with ADAPTIVE strategy . You can see the tool works with constant load and never exceed a high engagement angle. In this way you can use deeper passes in order to distribuite the force all along the flute.
- https://www.harveyperformance.com/in-the-loupe/8-ways-youre-killing-your-end-mill/ , in particulat to section "Using Traditional Roughing"
How to change feed value to link moves ?
From version 184.108.40.206
You can edit the default feed in link moves from post processor dialog.
1) Select the Machine Properties tab
2) Search "adaptive"
3) Insert your custom value. Leave 0 to use the fabric default value.